Sacred Heart defeats Stony Brook 78-70Dec 22, 2009 - 4:17 AM FAIRFIELD Conn.(AP) -- Corey Hassan scored 23 points, and Liam Potter added 18 points and 13 rebounds in Sacred Heart's 78-70 win over Stony Brook on Monday.
The Pioneers (6-4) trailed 55-39 with 12:03 remaining, and scored 13 straight points over the next 3 minutes. Stan Dulaire capped the run on a dunk to pull Sacred Heart within 55-52 with 7:51 left.
Chauncey Hardy pulled the Pioneers within 61-60 on a 3-pointer with 5:31 to go before Potter grabbed two offensive rebounds. Potter was fouled following the second, and made both free throws to give the Sacred Heart a 62-61 lead - their first since leading 19-18 with 8 minutes left in the first half.
The two teams exchanged leads until the Pioneers closed out the final 3 minutes on a 12-2 run.
Muhammed El-Amin scored 21 points and Dallis Joyner added 15 points and 11 rebounds for the Seawolves.
- NCAA BB
STONY BROOK 70
SACRED HEART 78 FINAL
Dec 21 4:57 PM
- NCAA BB
STONY BROOK 33
SACRED HEART 32 HALFTIME
Dec 21 3:49 PM
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28
- Seawolves head to land of Seahawks to test Huskies Dec 28
- Russell leads No. 20 Ohio State in rout of Sacred Heart Nov 23