Western Michigan defeats Northeastern 75-60Dec 23, 2009 - 10:22 PM HONOLULU(AP) -- Alex Wolf scored 15 points and David Kool had 13 points and seven rebounds to lead Western Michigan to a 75-60 win over Northeastern in a Diamond Head Classic consolation game Wednesday.
The Broncos (5-5) shot 48 percent (24-of-50) from the field, including 63 percent (10-of-16) from behind the arc.
The Huskies (2-7) led early in the first half, but Western Michigan used a 7-0 run to turn a 9-8 deficit into a 15-9 lead and never trailed again.
Western Michigan's biggest lead came after Donald Lawson converted a 3-point play to make the score 70-48 with 6:48 to play.
Lawson finished with 11 points, 10 rebounds and three blocks. Wolf was a perfect 4-for-4 from the field - all coming on 3-pointers - and made 3-of-4 from the line to go with five rebounds. Chaisson Allen had 16 points and Matt Janning added 13 to lead Northeastern.
- Western Michigan defeats Rochester (Mich) 85-73 Nov 23
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Syracuse dominates Western Michigan in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Broncos and Orange clash in South Region's second round Mar 20
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Missouri tops Western Michigan, extends home streak Dec 15
- Tigers hope to continue perfect run against visiting Broncos Dec 15
- James Madison wins CAA crown, ends NCAA tourney drought Mar 12