Nevada easily defeats Tulsa, 99-68Dec 24, 2009 - 3:47 AM LAS VEGAS(AP) -- Luke Babbitt scored 24 points and had 11 rebounds to lead Nevada over Tulsa 99-68 in the final round of the Las Vegas Classic on Wednesday night.
Brandon Fields and Armon Johnson each added 17 points for the Wolf Pack (7-5), and Ray Kraemer had 11.
Jerome Jordan led the Golden Hurricane (9-3) with 15 points and 10 rebounds while Ben Uzoh had 14 points.
Tulsa took an early 5-2 lead, but Nevada then went on a 8-0 run and never trailed again. The Wolf Pack led 48-30 at intermission, started the second half with a 23-5 run and led by as many as 39.
Nevada shot 56.3 percent (36 for 64) while posting its second-highest point total this season. It scored 112 in a victory over Houston on Nov. 21.
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- Ex-Georgia coach Dennis Felton looking for another chance Apr 1
- Michigan's last-second shots set up First Four vs Tulsa Mar 16
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- SMU beats Tulsa to claim AAC title Mar 8
- Tulsa and SMU meet for AAC crown Mar 8
- No. 23 SMU uses late run to down Tulsa Feb 7
- Mustangs seek to weather storm against Golden Hurricane Feb 7
- Sooners roll over sputtering Tulsa Dec 13