Utah Valley St. 69, Furman 77Dec 30, 2009 - 3:19 AM BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) -- Jordan Miller scored 24 points and Furman beat Utah Valley 77-69 on Tuesday night in the consolation game of the Golden Bear Classic.
Amu Saaka had 22 points, nine rebounds and four assists for the Paladins, who finished with 14 blocked shots and made 51 percent of their field-goal tries on the way to snapping a five-game losing streak. Furman (6-6) was outrebounded 41-32 but converted 20 of 29 free throws - 11 of 12 by Miller - to bounce back after falling 72-60 to UC Santa Barbara on Monday night.
Colin Reddick, Chris Toler and Neil Duval each had three blocks and Noah States had two for the Paladins.
Corey Claitt and Shawn Deadwiler each scored 16 points to lead Utah Valley (6-7) in the game played at California's Haas Pavilion. Nick Jenson grabbed 10 rebounds for the Wolverines.
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- No. 3 Arizona makes short work of Utah Valley Dec 10
- Wolverines hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 9
- No. 4 Duke handles Furman Nov 27
- Fourth-ranked Blue Devils take aim at Paladins Nov 26
- Brawl ends Utah Valley-New Mexico State game Feb 28
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- Oregon routs Utah Valley Nov 20
- Utah Valley challenges No. 17 Oregon Nov 19
- Smart helps Oklahoma State ease past Utah Valley Nov 12
- Utah Valley visits No. 8 Oklahoma State Nov 12