Diggs leads Wofford to 80-72 win over Santa ClaraDec 31, 2009 - 4:17 AM SANTA CLARA, Calif.(AP) -- Jamar Diggs scored 14 points, including four key free throws in the final minute, to help Wofford hold off Santa Clara 80-72 in the consolation game of the Cable Car Classic on Wednesday night.
Noah Dahlman also scored 14 points for the Terriers (8-7), who won their fourth in five games. Junior Salters and Cameron Rundles each added 13 points.
Freshman Raymond Cowels scored a season-high 24 points, including a 5-of-6 effort from long range, to lead the Broncos (7-8), who lost for the fourth time in five games. Ben Dowdell added a season-high 16 points and Marc Trasolini and Robert Smith each had 11.
The Terriers were up by 17 early in the second half but Santa Clara was able to climb within 74-70 with 53 seconds remaining. Diggs hit four straight foul shots to give Wofford breathing room.
- Santa Clara hopes Sendek can lift team to WCC elite Mar 30
- Santa Clara hires Herb Sendek as new head coach Mar 29
- Santa Clara fires basketball coach Kerry Keating Mar 7
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Gonzaga pulls away in second half, tops Santa Clara Feb 6
- Broncos face tall task in clash with second-ranked Bulldogs Feb 5
- Gonzaga rolls over Santa Clara Jan 11
- Broncos battle Bulldogs in WCC fracas Jan 10