James Madison defeats Radford 67-63Jan 26, 2010 - 2:29 AM HARRISONBURG, Va.(AP) -- Darren White scored 18 points to lead James Madison in a 67-63 victory over Radford on Monday night.
Denzel Bowles added 17 points and 15 rebounds for the Dukes (9-11), who snapped a four-game losing streak. Julius Wells chipped in 15 points for James Madison.
Radford's Amir Johnson nailed a 3-pointer to tie the game at 63 with 17 seconds remaining, but Pierre Curtis made two free throws for the Dukes a second later to give them a 65-63 lead. The Highlanders were then given a chance to tie, but Lazar Trifunovic missed the front end of a 1-and-1 with 1 second remaining, and White made two free throws to seal the win.
Trifunovic finished with 16 points and 12 rebounds for Radford (10-9), which has lost three of their last four games. Blake Smith added 13 points in the loss.
- NCAA BB
JMU 67 FINAL
Jan 25 8:53 PM
- NCAA BB
JMU 30 HALFTIME
Jan 25 7:41 PM
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- Virginia takes care of James Madison Nov 9
- No. 24 Virginia opens season against James Madison Nov 8
- Ferrell fuels Hoosiers in rout of James Madison Mar 22
- Top-seed Indiana takes on James Madison in East Regional play Mar 21
- James Madison advances in win over Long Island Mar 21
- Blackbirds, Dukes clash in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 20
- James Madison wins CAA crown, ends NCAA tourney drought Mar 12