Austin Peay defeats Morehead State 56-55Feb 1, 2010 - 12:46 AM CLARKSVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Justin Blake hit a 3-pointer with 14 seconds left and Austin Peay defeated Morehead State 56-55 on Sunday, snapping an 11-game winning streak.
The Governors (13-10, 7-4 Ohio Valley Conference) trailed 51-40 with 6:03 left, but went on an 11-1 run. Wes Channels' layup pulled the Governors within 52-51 with 1:46 remaining.
Terrance Hill then hit two free throws to give Morehead State (15-7, 9-2) a 54-51 lead with 1:26 left. But Blake's layup pulled the Governors back within one 23 seconds later.
Kenneth Faried went to the free throw line for the Eagles with 33 seconds left, but made just one of two, allowing the Governors to take their first lead since 11-9 with 12:40 left in the first half.
Blake finished with 14 points for Austin Peay, which shot 54.5 percent in the second half (12 of 22).
Faried scored 19 points and grabbed 13 rebounds for the Eagles.
- NCAA BB
MOREHEAD ST 55
AUSTIN PEAY 56 FINAL
Jan 31 7:15 PM
- NCAA BB
MOREHEAD ST 30
AUSTIN PEAY 18 HALFTIME
Jan 31 6:03 PM
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Adams, Anderson pace UCLA past Morehead State Nov 23
- No. 22 UCLA plays host to Morehead State Nov 22
- Memphis cruises past Austin Peay Nov 14
- Tigers finally get underway against Governors Nov 14