Eastern Kentucky defeats Tennessee State 75-58Feb 1, 2010 - 1:42 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Justin Stommes hit five 3-pointers and scored 19 points to lead Eastern Kentucky to a 75-58 victory over Tennessee State on Sunday night.
Stommes was 5-for-7 and the Colonels (15-8, 7-4 Ohio Valley Conference) went 13-for-30 from beyond the arc (43.3 percent) to win for the first time in three games. Eastern Kentucky entered leading the OVC with 10.2 3-pointers a game.
Stommes hit three 3-pointers, had two assists and a steal as the Colonels increased their lead from 37-32 with 16:46 to play to 54-38 with 11:26 left.
Joshua Jones hit one of his three 3-pointers to give the Colonels a 69-56 lead with 1:39 to play.
Jones scored 16 and Papa Oppong added 12 for Eastern Kentucky, which shot 72.2 percent in the second half (13-for-18).
Jacquan Nobles scored 20 and Robert Covington added 12 for Tennessee State (4-15, 1-10), which has lost six straight games.
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Guyn's 26 lead E. Tennessee St. in 103-90 win over Green Bay Nov 17
- Hapless Tigers challenge high-flying Frogs Dec 29
- No. 18 Miami falls at home to Eastern Kentucky Dec 19
- Colonels seek upset of 18th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 19
- Towns, Kentucky rout EKU Dec 8
- Top-ranked Wildcats play host to Colonels Dec 7
- Anderson, Gill power No. 8 Virginia past Tennessee State Nov 26
- Tennessee State comes calling on No. 8 Virginia Nov 25
- Eastern Kentucky extends Neubauer's contract May 5
- Tennessee State names Dana Ford head coach Apr 21
- Kansas advances with win over EKU Mar 21