William & Mary holds off Drexel 54-51Feb 1, 2010 - 12:46 AM WILLIAMSBURG, Va.(AP) -- David Schneider scored 13 points, including two free throws with 9 seconds left to help preserve William & Mary's 54-51 victory over Drexel on Sunday.
Schneider was 1-for-8 from the field, but hit 11 of his 13 free throw attempts as the Tribe (15-6, 7-4 Colonial Athletic Association) snapped a three-game losing streak.
William & Mary led 52-47 when Drexel's Gerald Colds hit a jumper to cut the margin to three with 49 seconds left. After the Tribe's Kendrix Brown missed a jumper, Colds scored on a layup to cut the advantage to 52-51 with 14 seconds remaining.
Schneider was fouled, hit both of his free throws and Drexel's Shannon Givens missed a 3 with 2 seconds left.
Quinn McDowell added 12 points for the Tribe.
Jamie Harris scored 13 and Samme Givens and Chris Fouch added 11 points each for Drexel (12-11, 7-4), which had won three consecutive games.
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 54 FINAL
Jan 31 7:08 PM
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 28 HALFTIME
Jan 31 5:57 PM
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Tokoto, No. 19 UNC drop William & Mary Dec 30
- New-look Gators pound William & Mary Nov 15
- Tribe visit seventh-ranked Gators to tip off season Nov 14
- Delaware edges William & Mary for CAA title Mar 11
- Tribe and Hens square off in CAA title tilt Mar 10
- Drexel can't hold early lead, falls to No. 4 Arizona Nov 27
- Wildcats set sights on Dragons in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 27