Iona beats William & Mary 69-53Feb 20, 2010 - 4:28 AM NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y.(AP) -- Scott Machado scored 17 points as Iona beat William & Mary 69-53 on Friday night.
Jonathan Huffman and Alejo Rodriguez added 12 points apiece for the Gaels (20-8), who have won back-to-back games.
Machado and Huffman also hit three 3-pointers apiece for the Gaels, who tied a season high by sinking nine 3-pointers out of 21 attempts (42.9 percent). The Tribe were just 6-for-21 from long range (28.6 percent).
The Tribe led 17-13 just under 9 minutes into the opening half after a pair of Quinn McDowell free throws, but went scoreless for a near six-minute span. The Gaels put together a 23-6 run into halftime and never trailed again.
They led by 13 at the break and outscored the Tribe 33-30 in the second half.
David Schneider scored 17 points for the Tribe (19-8), who had a four-game winning streak snapped. McDowell added 11 points and Danny Sumner had 10.
- Morris and Iowa State race past Iona 94-81 Mar 17
- Iona spoiled Monmouth bench mob party Mar 16
- Iona's suspends Washington 2 games for slap Jan 17
- Sophomore Much receives NCAA waiver, can play right away Nov 15
- Iona gives hoops coach Cluess extension Mar 26
- Manhattan pulls away late, bests Iona for MAAC title Mar 9
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Manhattan takes on Iona in MAAC title tilt Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Tokoto, No. 19 UNC drop William & Mary Dec 30
- Arkansas 6-0 after win over Iona Nov 30
- Gaels and Hogs mix it up to close holiday weekend Nov 30