Bowling Green sinks Valparaiso 87-70Feb 20, 2010 - 10:50 PM BOWLING GREEN, Ohio(AP) -- Dee Brown scored 20 points and Scott Thomas tallied a double-double, leading Bowling Green past Valparaiso 87-70 on Saturday.
Joe Jakubowski added 19 points and Erik Marschall had 17 for the Falcons (14-12), who shot 54.5 percent from the floor (30-for-55). The Crusaders finished at 46.4 percent from the field (26-for-56).
Thomas scored 12 points and grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds for Bowling Green, while Otis Polk chipped in 11 points.
Brown's jumper early in the game helped push the Falcons to a 9-0 run to start things. They stretched the lead to 25-8 midway through the first half and were never threatened.
Bowling Green led by 25 points at halftime and held on despite being outscored 46-38 by the Crusaders in the second.
Brandon McPherson paced the Crusaders (15-15) with 16 points.
- Lottich succeeds Drew as basketball coach at Valparaiso Apr 7
- Correction: Northern Kentucky-Valparaiso story Feb 16
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- Maryland survives Valparaiso to advance Mar 20
- Terps open NCAA Tournament play against Crusaders Mar 20
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- Bryce Drew, Valpo agree on new 10-year deal Dec 18