Canisius knocks off James Madison 70-66Feb 21, 2010 - 3:06 AM BUFFALO, N.Y.(AP) -- Frank Turner scored 16 points and tied his career high with 13 assists, and Canisius scored the final four points from the free throw line for a 70-66 victory over James Madison on Saturday.
Julius Coles hit two, and Turner and Tomas Vazquez-Simmons each hit one in the final 1:04 to break a tie and give the Golden Griffins (13-15) their second win in three games.
Canisius' free throws came after James Madison (11-17) went on a 9-0 run to tie the score at 66. Denzel Bowles' dunk with 1:32 remaining was the Dukes' final points.
Canisius took a 66-57 lead on consecutive 3-pointers from Coles and Bob Bevilacqua, who scored the Golden Griffins' final field goal with 4:31 to play.
Greg Logins scored 15 points and Coles added 12 for Canisius, which was 6-for-11 from the free throw line.
Julius Wells scored 18, Darren White had 14 and Bowles added 11 for James Madison.
- Canisius coach Baron retires after 29-year career May 20
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14
- Virginia takes care of James Madison Nov 9
- No. 24 Virginia opens season against James Madison Nov 8
- Ferrell fuels Hoosiers in rout of James Madison Mar 22
- Top-seed Indiana takes on James Madison in East Regional play Mar 21
- James Madison advances in win over Long Island Mar 21
- Blackbirds, Dukes clash in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 20