Georgia State beats South Carolina State 67-52Feb 21, 2010 - 2:04 AM ATLANTA(AP) -- Trey Hampton scored 14 points and grabbed seven rebounds to lead Georgia State to a 67-52 win over South Carolina State in a nonconference matchup on Saturday.
Trae Goldston finished with 13 points for the Panthers (12-17), who have won two straight. Ousman Krubally had 12 points and a game-high eight rebounds and Joe Dukes added 10 points and six assists.
Georgia State trailed the Bulldogs (14-11) by seven points with 12:26 left in the first half on Brandon Smalls' layup. But the Panthers pulled ahead 22-18 on Hampton's layup and never trailed again, going on an 18-5 run to end the first half and take a nine-point lead into halftime.
Georgia State maintained a double-digit lead throughout the second half, pushing its lead to 19 - its largest of the game - on a layup by Dukes.
Smalls led South Carolina State with 14 points off the bench, while Carrio Bennett had 10.
- NCAA BB
S CAROLINA ST 52
GEORGIA ST 67 FINAL
Feb 20 7:55 PM
- NCAA BB
S CAROLINA ST 23
GEORGIA ST 34 HALFTIME
Feb 20 6:53 PM
- Georgia State's R.J. Hunter to enter NBA Draft Mar 30
- Xavier downs Georgia State, reaches Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Panthers seek another upset in clash with Musketeers Mar 21
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- Georgia State coach injured in celebration Mar 15
- Georgia State makes NCAAs for 1st time since 2001 Mar 15
- Georgia pride and Sun Belt title up for grabs Mar 15
- Georgia State's Thomas declared ineligible Dec 8
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past SC State Nov 18
- SC State faces tall task in bout with No. 9 Virginia Nov 18
- Morris, No. 14 Iowa State rout Georgia State Nov 17