Detroit defeats Eastern Michigan 68-66Feb 20, 2010 - 11:55 PM DETROIT(AP) -- Thomas Kennedy scored 15 points and Eli Holman added 14 as Detroit held off Eastern Michigan 68-66 in a BracketBusters contest on Saturday.
Woody Payne had 13 points and 10 assists for the Titans (16-13), who snapped a three-game losing streak.
Carlos Medlock scored 21 points and Brandon Bowdry 18 for the Eagles (14-13).
Detroit led 68-61 after a Payne free throw, but 3-pointer by Medlock with 16 seconds remaining and layup by Jay Higgins at the buzzer resulted in the final two-point margin.
The Titans have won eight straight against Eastern Michigan and own a 57-15 edge in the series, which dates back to 1910.
- NCAA BB
EASTRN MICHIGAN 66
DETROIT 68 FINAL
Feb 20 5:39 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN MICHIGAN 27
DETROIT 36 HALFTIME
Feb 20 4:30 PM
- Eastern Michigan cruises past NAIA Rochester (Mich) 86-58 Dec 8
- No. 25 Michigan State beats EMU Dec 18
- Spartans set sights on soaring Eagles Dec 17
- Wichita State rallies past Detroit Dec 13
- Titans seek upset of 11th-ranked Shockers Dec 13
- No. 24 Michigan pulls away to beat Detroit Nov 20
- Intrastate rivals collide, as Titans visit Wolverines Nov 20
- Syracuse cruises past Eastern Michigan Dec 31
- Eagles hoping to soar past second-ranked Orange Dec 31
- Parker, Duke cruise past Eastern Michigan Dec 28
- Ninth-ranked Blue Devils set sights on Eagles Dec 28
- No. 21 UMass downs Eastern Michigan Dec 3