Brown's 3 lifts La. Tech past Northeastern 70-67Feb 20, 2010 - 10:21 PM BOSTON(AP) -- DeAndre Brown banked in a 3-pointer with 24 seconds left and Louisiana Tech scored the last seven points to beat Northeastern 70-67 on Saturday.
Northeastern had three looks from 3-point range to tie the score, but Chaisson Allen's final shot fell short to preserve the victory for the Bulldogs (21-6).
Brown scored 18 points on 6 of 11 shooting from the floor and 4 of 5 from beyond the arc for Louisiana Tech. Jamel Guyton had 18 points and Magnum Rolle added 17 points.
The Huskies (18-10) led by eight points on Allen's layup with 8:46 left in the second half. Louisiana Tech cut Northeastern's lead to 67-63 with 3:36 to play, then ran off seven straight on Kyle Gibson's 3-pointer, Rolle's free throw and Brown's go-ahead shot.
Matt Janning led Northeastern with 19 points and seven assists. Nkem Ojougboh had a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA TECH 70
NORTHEASTERN 67 FINAL
Feb 20 2:58 PM
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA TECH 37
NORTHEASTERN 38 HALFTIME
Feb 20 1:49 PM
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Tulsa edges Louisiana Tech to win C-USA title Mar 15
- Tulsa takes on Louisiana Tech for C-USA Tournament title Mar 15
- Oklahoma State downs Louisiana Tech Dec 14
- Bulldogs challenge seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 14
- James Madison wins CAA crown, ends NCAA tourney drought Mar 12
- Dukes and Huskies meet in CAA title tilt Mar 11
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3
- No. 25 La Tech downs Utah State for 17th-straight win Feb 28