Illinois-Chicago beats Evansville 82-80Feb 21, 2010 - 3:46 AM EVANSVILLE, Ind.(AP) -- Robo Kreps scored 28 points, including the game-winner with 4.4 seconds to play, and Illinois-Chicago defeated Evansville 82-80 Saturday night.
Kreps' basket gave the Flames (7-20) their only second-half lead in the BracketBusters game. They rallied from a 14-point deficit
Spencer Stewart had 20 points and a game-high seven rebounds for Illinois-Chicago, and Jeremy Buttell added 12 points.
Four players were in double figures for the Aces (7-20). Clint Hopf had a career-high 18 points. James Haarsma scored 17, Colt Ryan 16 and Denver Holmes had 12.
Evansville led 40-36 at halftime and after Stewart made a 3-pointer to start the half for UIC, the Aces ran off 15 of the next 17 points for a 55-41 lead with 15:48 to play. The Flames got back in it with a 12-2 run and finally pulled even at 80 in the final two minutes before Kreps' winning basket.
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS CHI 82
EVANSVILLE 80 FINAL
Feb 20 10:08 PM
- NCAA BB
ILLINOIS CHI 36
EVANSVILLE 40 HALFTIME
Feb 20 9:01 PM
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- UIC hires McClain as men's basketball coach Mar 23
- Illinois-Chicago fires Moore Mar 10
- Northern Iowa handles Evansville Feb 25
- Purple Aces hope to play spoiler in clash with Panthers Feb 25
- Wichita State shuts down Evansville Feb 22
- Evansville comes calling on No. 13 Wichita State Feb 22
- No. 13 Wichita State silences Evansville Jan 17
- Purple Aces host 13th-ranked Shockers in MVC melee Jan 17
- Evansville tops No. 23 Northern Iowa Jan 1
- MVC action pits Panthers against Purple Aces Jan 1