Illinois State beats Morehead State 71-62Feb 21, 2010 - 12:28 AM NORMAL, Ill.(AP) -- Osiris Eldridge had 26 points and nine rebounds to lead Illinois State to a 71-62 victory over Morehead State on Saturday.
Dinma Odiakosa had 10 points and 11 rebounds for the Redbirds (20-8) in the BracketBusters game. Alex Rubin had 15 points and Justin Clark 10 for Illinois State, a member of the Missouri Valley Conference that reached the 20-victory mark for the third straight season.
Eldridge scored 18 of his points in the first half.
Kenneth Faried had 13 points and eight rebounds to lead Morehead State (19-9). The Ohio Valley Conference school trailed 34-30 at halftime. Steve Peterson and Demonte Harper each scored 11 points for the Eagles.
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Good Knight: Illinois St. stuns Wichita in MVC semis Mar 7
- Shockers meet Redbirds in MVC semifinals Mar 7
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- No. 15 Wichita State tops Illinois State Feb 14
- Redbirds seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 14
- No. 13 UNI overwhelms Illinois State Feb 11