Tennessee State beats Jacksonville State 76-57Feb 18, 2010 - 3:56 AM NASHVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Jacquan Nobles scored 18 points to lead Tennessee State to a 76-57 victory over Jacksonville State on Wednesday night, extending the Tigers' winning streak to four games.
Tennessee State (8-20, 5-11 Ohio Valley Conference) shot 61.9 percent from the field (13-for-21) in the first half and took a 37-27 lead into halftime.
The Tigers shot 53.8 percent from the field (14-for-26) in the second half and 57.4 percent for the game (27-for-47).
Wil Peters' fastbreak layup gave Tennessee State a 41-29 lead with 16:31 remaining and Nobles and Martell Buie hit consecutive 3-pointers for a 51-31 advantage with 14:03 to play.
Nobles finished with four 3-pointers, Buie added 15 points and Peters scored 14. The Tigers had 10 steals and forced 18 turnovers.
John Barnes scored 18 and Nick Murphy had 10 rebounds for Jacksonville State (11-16, 7-10).
- Jacksonville State's James Green out as basketball coach Mar 16
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Guyn's 26 lead E. Tennessee St. in 103-90 win over Green Bay Nov 17
- Hapless Tigers challenge high-flying Frogs Dec 29
- Anderson, Gill power No. 8 Virginia past Tennessee State Nov 26
- Tennessee State comes calling on No. 8 Virginia Nov 25
- Louisville crushes Jacksonville St. in home opener Nov 17
- Louisville hosts Jacksonville State in Gobal Sports Showcase Nov 17
- Tennessee State names Dana Ford head coach Apr 21
- Cotton, No. 16 Wichita State take down Tennessee State Nov 16
- Tigers face daunting task in clash with 16th-ranked Shockers Nov 16
- Bowers and Missouri blow past Tennessee State Dec 8