Navy holds off Bucknell 81-79Feb 6, 2010 - 3:43 AM ANNAPOLIS, Md.(AP) -- Romeo Garcia scored 20 points, including five 3-pointers, to lead Navy over Bucknell 81-79 on Friday night in a game moved from Saturday due to snow concerns.
Chris Harris added 18 points and O.J. Avworo added 17 for the Midshipmen (11-12, 5-3 Patriot League), who have won two in a row and completed a season sweep of Bucknell. They also beat the Bison 69-67 on Jan. 9.
Although Jordan Sugars hit a 3-pointer to put Navy up 23-12 midway through the first half, Bucknell fought back with a 23-11 run to take a one-point lead into the locker room.
The teams stayed close until Garcia nailed a 3, sparking Navy's 8-0 run for a 67-59 lead with 7:10 left. Bryson Johnson hit a 3 to pull Bucknell within 76-74 with 50 seconds left, but Navy hit five free throws down the stretch to seal it.
G.W. Boon and Johnson scored 16 points apiece to lead Bucknell (9-15, 4-4).
- Bucknell downs Robert Morris, 81-76 Nov 18
- No. 12 Villanova holds off Bucknell Nov 20
- Villanova and Bucknell clash in Legends Classic Nov 20
- Irvin, No. 24 Michigan rout Bucknell Nov 18
- Bison battle Wolverines in Legends Classic melee Nov 17
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- Bucknell rewards Paulsen with new deal Mar 28
- Late run lifts Butler past Bucknell Mar 21
- Bison, Bulldogs square off in East Regional action Mar 20
- Bucknell bests Lafayette for Patriot crown Mar 13
- Bison, Leopards meet in Patriot League title game Mar 13