Morgan State rolls past Florida A&M 94-68Feb 8, 2010 - 2:22 AM BALTIMORE(AP) -- Reggie Holmes and Dewayne Jackson each scored 25 points to lead Morgan State to a 94-68 victory over Florida A&M on Sunday.
Holmes, who entered as the fifth-leading scorer in Division I at 22.8 points a game, hit four 3-pointers and Jackson came off the bench to hit six from beyond the arc for the Bears (17-7, 9-0 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who are 6-0 at home this year.
They have won nine straight games.
Morgan State shot 54.8 percent from the field (34-for-62), including 10-for-19 on 3-point attempts (52.6 percent).
Kevin Thompson scored 14 points and had 12 rebounds and Ameer Ali added 10 points and eight rebounds for Morgan State. Sean Thomas had 11 assists.
Travis Wallace led Florida A&M (5-17, 2-7) with 14 points. Christopher Walker added 12 points and Yannick Crowder scored 11 points and had eight rebounds.
- Florida A&M holds off Thomas (Ga.) 70-68 behind Bernard Nov 19
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Oregon cruises past Morgan State Dec 29
- Morgan State faces unenviable task of taking on No. 12 Oregon Dec 29
- Smith powers Buckeyes past Morgan State Nov 9
- Bears battle Buckeyes in season opener Nov 9
- NC A&T wins MEAC Mar 16
- MEAC crown up for grabs in clash between Aggies and Bears Mar 16
- Morgan State places Bozeman on leave Jan 9
- Lyons paces Xavier over Morgan State Nov 11
- Morgan State seeks early upset of No. 14 Xavier Nov 11