N.C.-Wilmington 62, Delaware 69Feb 8, 2010 - 11:51 PM NEWARK, Del. (AP) -- Jawan Carter scored 23 points to lead Delaware to a 69-62 win over North Carolina-Wilmington on Monday.
Carter also dished out six assists for the Blue Hens (7-17, 3-10 Colonial Athletic Association), who snapped a three-game losing streak. Alphonso Dawson added 10 points and 12 rebounds.
Delaware led 34-27 at halftime, and were up by as many as 12 points after a 3-pointer from D.J. Boney made the score 41-29 with 17:59 remaining.
UNC-Wilmington cut the lead to six with 1:38 to play, but the Blue Hens shot 8-for-8 from the free throw line in the final minute to secure the win.
Chad Tomko and Johnny Wolf each scored 15 points to lead the Seahawks (7-17, 3-10). UNC-Wilmington has lost four games in a row.
Delaware outrebounded the Seahawks 40-33, and shot 93.3 percent from the free throw line (14-for-15).
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Louisville holds off UNCW Dec 14
- Fourth-ranked Cardinals set sights on Seahawks Dec 14
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10
- UNC-Wilmington hires Louisville assistant Keatts Mar 27
- Payne stars as Michigan State dumps Delaware in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Spartans begin tournament against Blue Hens Mar 20
- Peterson out as UNCW head coach Mar 11