Austin Peay beats Tennessee Tech 77-72 in OTFeb 19, 2010 - 4:42 AM CLARKSVILLE, Tenn.(AP) -- Wesley Channels scored 24 points and Anthony Campbell added 23, including the shot to force overtime and the game's final points, leading Austin Peay to a 77-72 win over Tennessee Tech on Thursday night.
Campbell went 2-for-2 from the foul line with 5 seconds left for Austin Peay's final margin after Kevin Murphy's layup had pulled Tennessee Tech within 75-72.
The Governors (16-12, 10-6 Ohio Valley Conference) never trailed in OT.
Austin Peay was down 67-64 after Alfred Jones put the Golden Eagles ahead on a layup with 1 minute left in regulation. But Caleb Brown got the ball in the hands of Campbell with 27 seconds left for Austin Peay, and he sank the tying 3 to send it into OT.
With the win, Austin Peay remained tied with Eastern Kentucky for third place in the OVC with three games left.
Murphy had 21 points to pace the Golden Eagles (13-15, 7-10).
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 72
AUSTIN PEAY 77 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 18 10:47 PM
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 67
AUSTIN PEAY 67 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Feb 18 10:32 PM
- NCAA BB
TENNESSEE TECH 37
AUSTIN PEAY 29 HALFTIME
Feb 18 9:30 PM
- Coach Dave Loos returning as Austin Peay coach Apr 5
- Top-seeded Kansas opens tournament play vs. Austin Peay Mar 16
- Tennessee Tech overtakes Robert Morris in 85-72 win Nov 27
- Tennessee Tech rips Piedmont College, 110-72 Nov 14
- Memphis cruises past Austin Peay Nov 14
- Tigers finally get underway against Governors Nov 14
- Tennessee Tech no match for No. 24 Oklahoma State Dec 22
- Pokes put perfect home mark on line against Golden Eagles Dec 22
- Murray State routs Tennessee Tech in OVC semifinals Mar 2
- Golden Eagles hope to knock Racers out of OVC Tournament Mar 2
- Racers close out regular season with win over Tennessee Tech Feb 26
- Racers seek another milestone in visit to Golden Eagles Feb 25