Kennesaw State upsets top-seeded Lipscomb 72-69Mar 4, 2010 - 7:54 PM MACON, Ga.(AP) -- Kurtis Woods scored on a go-ahead layup with 19 seconds left and Kennesaw State upset top-seeded Lipscomb 72-69 on Wednesday in the first round of the Atlantic Sun Conference tournament.
Kennesaw State's Markeith Cummings knocked down two free throws with 6.1 seconds left to seal the game for the Owls (13-19), who snapped a seven-game losing streak. Kennesaw State advance to Friday's semifinals to face either Campbell or East Tennessee State.
Jordan Burgason attempted a 3-pointer for the Bisons (17-13) - who entered the contest with four straight wins - but his shot hit the back of the rim as time expired to preserve the victory for eighth-seeded Kennesaw State.
Woods led the Owls with 19 points, Kelvin McConnell had 14 and Cummings added 13.
A-Sun player of the year Adnan Hodzic led Lipscomb with 29 points and 16 rebounds for his 11th double-double of the season.
- Lipscomb junior guard Williams out for season with torn ACL Dec 15
- Lipscomb beats NAIA Cumberland (Tenn.) 83-53 Dec 10
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- No. 9 Texas crushes Lipscomb Dec 17
- Bison battle Longhorns in non-conference fray Dec 16
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14