N.C.-Asheville 73, Coastal Carolina 92Mar 5, 2010 - 4:50 AM CONWAY, S.C. (AP) -- Kierre Greenwood led five Coastal Carolina players in double figures Chanticleers defeated North Carolina-Asheville 92-73 on Thursday night in the semifinals of the Big South Conference tournament.
Top-seeded Coastal Carolina (28-5), which moves into the championship game for the first time since the 2005-06 season, will face No. 3 seed Winthrop on Saturday.
Coastal Carolina won its seventh straight game and completed a three-game sweep of UNC-Asheville.
Joseph Harris added 16 points and 11 rebounds for his 16th double-double of year, while Chad Gray had 16 points for the Chanticleers, Mario Edwards had 13 and Logan Johnson 10.
The fourth-seeded Bulldogs (15-16), who had won five of their last six games, were led by J.P. Primm with 16 points and Sean Smith with 15.
Coastal Carolina led 46-25 at halftime and by as many as 30 before a 17-1 UNC-Asheville run.
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8