Wofford defeats UNC-Greensboro 59-47Mar 6, 2010 - 11:39 PM CHARLOTTE, N.C.(AP) -- Noah Dahlman scored 13 points to lead a balanced attack as Wofford beat UNC-Greensboro 59-47 in the quarterfinals of the Southern Conference tournament on Saturday.
Jamar Diggs and Junior Salters added 12 points apiece and Brad Loesing scored 10 as the Terriers (24-8) won their 11th straight game. They have won 17 of their past 18.
The Terriers led 28-22 at halftime, then scored the first nine points of the second half to push the lead to 15. They went on to lead by as many as 16 and maintained a double-digit lead most of the rest of the way.
Wofford will face Western Carolina in Sunday's semifinals.
Ben Stywall led UNC-Greensboro (8-23) with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
The Spartans held a 36-26 rebound edge, but shot just 32.7 percent from the field. Wofford shot 51.2 percent from the field.
- Wofford wallops ETSU 87-73 as Collins scores 24 Jan 28
- Qualls, Arkansas edge Wofford Mar 20
- West Regional action pits Razorbacks against Terriers Mar 19
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Duke makes short work of Wofford in ACC tune-up Jan 1
- Second-ranked Blue Devils take on Terriers Dec 31
- Staten, WVU crush Wofford Dec 23
- Terriers set for test with Mountaineers Dec 22
- No. 24 North Carolina drops UNC Greensboro Dec 16
- Tar Heels make short trip to tangle with Spartans Dec 16
- Stauskas, Michigan rout Wofford Mar 21