UNLV holds off Boise State to remain unbeatenDec 9, 2010 - 6:33 AM Las Vegas, NV (Sports Network) - Chace Stanback scored 16 points as No. 20 UNLV held off pesky Boise State for a 75-72 victory.
Derrick Jasper and Tre'Von Willis added 14 points apiece for the Runnin' Rebels (9-0).
La'Shard Anderson and Robert Arnold both scored 18 points for the Broncos (6-2), who nearly rallied back from an 11-point deficit in the last two minutes.
UNLV's Brice Massamba made a pair of free throws for a 72-61 lead with 1:53 remaining in the game.
But Boise State scored the next five points on Anderson's layup and Ryan Watkins' three-point play, pulling within six. After Massamba went 1-for-2 from the foul line at the other end, Arnold drilled a three-pointer to get the Broncos within 73-69 with 31 seconds left.
Anderson hit a jumper to cut the deficit to two points, but Willis made a pair of free throws at the other end for a four-point lead with 19 seconds left, and UNLV fouled with five seconds remaining to send Boise State to the line.
Daequon Montreal made one of his two shots for the final margin.
The game was played at Orleans Arena because UNLV's home court, the Thomas & Mack Center, was hosting the National Rodeo Finals.
The Runnin' Rebels had no trouble with Boise State in the first half, leading by as many as 22 points on the way to a 41-27 advantage at halftime.
Montreal scored 15 points and Boise State shot 43 percent for the game..UNLV shot 49 percent...It was only the third time in their nine games this season that the Runnin' Rebels failed to win by double digits.
- BOISE STATE: 72
Dec 9 12:03 AM
- BOISE STATE: 27
Dec 8 10:48 PM
- BOISE STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 8 10:09 PM
- Menzies adds 3 more to UNLV recruiting class May 19
- UNLV's Menzies fills out staff with 3 hires May 5
- UNLV approves $3.75 million contract for Marvin Menzies Apr 22
- UNLV hires Menzies as basketball coach after Beard bolts Apr 17
- UNLV introduces Chris Beard as Runnin' Rebels coach Apr 8
- UNLV hires Little Rock's Chris Beard as next coach Mar 28
- UNLV freshman Jones Jr. ineligible for rest of the season Mar 2
- UNLV loses freshman center Zimmerman to sprained left knee Feb 8
- UNLV dismisses guard Daquan Cook from team Feb 5
- UNLV gets back to business with interim coach Jan 11
- Rice resigns as UNLV's coach in middle of fifth season Jan 10
- Okonoboh asks for release from UNLV Nov 27