Washington rolls to win over Texas TechDec 5, 2010 - 2:24 AM Seattle, WA (Sports Network) - Justin Holiday scored 20 points and pulled down nine rebounds, and No. 23 Washington shot the lights out against Texas Tech en route to a 108-79 victory.
Holiday scored all but three of his points in a first half that saw Washington (5-2) shoot 61.5 percent from the field, helping the hosts jump ahead by 19 at the break.
Matthew Bryan-Amaning added 18 points and Isaiah Thomas chipped in 16 for the Huskies, who have won two in a row following losses to nationally-ranked Kentucky and Michigan State.
"If we're shooting well, we're going to score with the best of them," Thomas said. "We've got a lot of weapons we can use and a lot of scorers."
Brad Reese posted 19 points, while John Roberson and David Tairu each scored 14 for Texas Tech (5-4), which has lost three of its last four.
Roberson also had six assists but was responsible for five of the Red Raiders' 20 turnovers.
Washington scored eight straight points midway through the opening stanza, with back-to-back Darnell Gant layups extending the lead to 32-21.
The Huskies went on another 8-0 spurt to end the half, with Venoy Overton's bucket in the closing seconds providing a healthy 61-42 lead.
The hosts slowed the game down a bit to start the second half and held Texas Tech to one field goal over the first 3:57.
Bryan-Amaning threw down a pair of dunks near the midway point to make it an 81-62 game, and the Red Raiders never got closer than 15 the rest of the way.
"For teams that don't shoot the ball well like us, we can run into some trouble if we miss a couple of shots in a row and they make some," Texas Tech head coach Pat Knight said. "I think Washington just has a lot of team balance."
The game was part of the Big 12/Pac-10 Hardwood Series...The Huskies, who shot 56.2 percent overall, came in averaging 93.7 points per game...Washington made 9-of-17 from three-point range...C.J. Wilcox netted 11 points in the win.
- Chris Beard bolted UNLV to come 'home' to Texas Tech Apr 16
- Coach Chris Beard spurns UNLV for Texas Tech Apr 15
- Washington's Murray, Chriss declare for NBA draft Mar 23
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- Why Washington? ACC flexes muscles in big basketball market Mar 8
- Syracuse basketball rallies for ailing Dwayne Washington Mar 1
- Romar reprimanded by Pac-12 for comments after Huskies loss Feb 26
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out Feb 9
- Andrews putting together star season for surprising Huskies Feb 2
- Iona's suspends Washington 2 games for slap Jan 17
- It's early but Washington the only undefeated team in Pac-12 Jan 13