Moore helps Purdue take out IndianaFeb 9, 2011 - 3:30 AM West Lafayette, IN (Sports Network) - E'Twaun Moore led the way with a game- high 25 points and grabbed eight rebounds, as No. 14 Purdue defeated Indiana, 67-53, in Big Ten action at Mackey Arena.
JaJuan Johnson finished with 15 points and eight boards, while Lewis Jackson netted 13 points for Purdue (19-5, 8-3 Big Ten), which had lost two of its previous three coming into the contest.
Will Sheehey had a team-best 14 points for Indiana (12-13, 3-9), which was coming off a narrow 64-63 setback against Iowa on Saturday and has dropped five of seven overall. Jordan Hulls and Verdell Jones III went for 13 and 10 points, respectively, in defeat.
Indiana jumped out to a 16-12 lead with nearly nine minutes left in the opening half before the Boilermakers woke up and started to take control.
Moore hit back-to-back three-pointers to spark a 13-2 run, then finished it with a corner trifecta to put his squad up 25-18 with 5:47 remaining.
Six straight by the Hoosiers quickly made it a one-point game with 2:45 to go before the break, but Moore's jumper, a pair of free throws by Terone Johnson and a Jackson make gave Purdue a 31-24 advantage heading into the locker room.
The Boilermakers controlled the pace throughout the entire second half and built a double-figure lead, 49-38, following a D.J. Byrd jumper with 8:22 remaining.
Indiana never threatened the outcome, as Purdue made the majority of its free throws down the stretch.
Purdue improved to 111-84 in the all-time series with Indiana...Moore made three three-pointers and 8-of-10 from the free-throw line...Purdue shot 40.8 percent from the field, but made only 4-of-12 from three-point range...Indiana made 35.5 percent of its shots and 2-of-13 from beyond the arc.
- INDIANA: 53
Feb 8 9:02 PM
- INDIANA: 24
Feb 8 7:50 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 8 7:04 PM
- Former Michigan guard formally joins Purdue program May 17
- Blackmon Jr. declares for NBA draft without hiring agent Apr 25
- Indiana forward Troy Williams enters NBA draft, could return Apr 12
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Purdue's Edwards declares for NBA draft without agent Apr 5
- Former Indiana Hoosiers star Archie Dees dies at age 80 Apr 4
- Purdue's Kendall Stephens plans to explore transferring Mar 31
- Sweet 16 loss to North Carolina ends Yogi years at Indiana Mar 26
- Heels vs. Hoosiers in Sweet 16: These teams shoot and score Mar 24
- Crean overcomes criticism to lead Hoosiers back to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Hoosiers turnaround inspired by tougher, stouter defense Mar 23
- Boilermakers forward Caleb Swanigan plans to test NBA draft Mar 22