Britt's OT shot lifts Arkansas over KentuckyFeb 24, 2011 - 4:20 AM Arkansas ended a 10-game losing streak against Kentucky with a 77-76 victory at Bud Walton Arena.
Terrence Jones gave Kentucky the lead, 76-75, on a jumper with roughly 80 seconds to go in OT, and the Wildcats got the ball back when Marshawn Powell missed at the other end.
Brandon Knight, however, threw a bad pass in the lane that was picked off by Jeff Peterson, who raced down the court and hit Britt in stride with a bounce pass for the go-ahead layup.
Knight then missed twice from the left side, the last a contested baseline 10- footer that was knocked out of bounds by Arkansas with 1.8 seconds to go. Knight had another chance to redeem himself, but his off-balanced three fell well off the mark, denying his coach, John Calipari, his 500th career win.
Rotnei Clarke scored 26 points while Powell added 22 points and 10 rebounds for the Razorbacks (17-10, 6-7 SEC), who have won three of four overall.
Knight, who also missed two potential winners at the end of regulation, finished with 26 points, eight rebounds and five assists in the loss, the fourth straight for Kentucky (19-8, 7-6) on the road.
Arkansas, coming off Saturday's loss at Alabama, led through most of the first half and took a 34-32 edge into the locker room.
The second half was back-and-forth, and Darius Miller's three-point for Kentucky tied the game, 68-68, with just over two minutes to play.
Jones blocked Powell's attempt the next time down, and Knight drained a go- ahead jumper with 1:14 to play.
After a timeout, Julysses Nobles cleaned up his own miss to tie the game with 34 seconds left. Knight had a chance to win the game twice, but his three and deep jumper from the left wing both hit all iron.
The last time UK lost a game by one-point was in the 2008-09 season to South Carolina, 78-77...Josh Harrellson ended with 12 points and 14 rebounds for the Wildcats, who got 13 points apiece from Miller and DeAndre Liggins and 10 from Jones...There were nine ties and 16 lead changes in the game.
- KENTUCKY: 76
Final - OT
Feb 23 10:17 PM
- KENTUCKY: 70
End of Regulation
Feb 23 10:02 PM
- KENTUCKY: 32
Feb 23 8:47 PM
- KENTUCKY: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 23 8:04 PM
- Kentucky reserve G/F Charles Matthews requests transfer May 18
- Calipari plans to coach Kentucky 'the rest of my career' May 16
- Calipari: Defense, size will be Kentucky's initial strengths May 11
- Kingsley withdraws name from NBA draft, returns to Arkansas May 9
- Arkansas' Kingsley enters NBA draft, won't hire agent Apr 12
- Kentucky's Skal Labissiere announces plan to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Kentucky guard Jamal Murray says he will enter NBA draft Apr 1
- Whitt transferring from Arkansas after freshman season Mar 30
- Calipari: All eligible Kentucky players to enter NBA draft Mar 23
- Anderson has NCAA tourney in sights next season for Arkansas Mar 22
- Kentucky's up-and-down season ends with early tourney exit Mar 20
- Kentucky falters, loses to Indiana 73-67 Mar 19