Georgia bounces back with win over Ole MissJan 16, 2011 - 1:01 AM Oxford, MS (Sports Network) - Gerald Robinson finished with 22 points, including 3-of-3 from beyond the arc, as No. 24 Georgia rolled over Ole Miss, 98-76, at Tad Smith Coliseum.
Trey Thompkins added 21 points for the Bulldogs (13-3, 2-1 SEC), who bounced back after a 73-66 setback to Vanderbilt on Wednesday. Travis Leslie added 17 points on 7-of-8 from the field and Dustin Ware and Jeremy Price added 15 and 12 points, respectively, in the win.
Zach Graham led the Rebels (12-6, 0-3) with 21 points. Reginald Buckner added 11 points and five rebounds, while both Chris Warren and Dundrecous Nelson contributed nine points for Ole Miss, which has dropped three straight.
The Bulldogs opened the game with a 7-0 run, capped by two Price free throws, and quickly expanded their margin to 20-10 with a Thompkins jump shot at 13:49.
A Thornton tip-in with 1:02 remaining capped a 14-4 burst, giving the Bulldogs a 53-33 lead. Nick Williams and Graham connected on consecutive jumpers to end the half, and Georgia took a 53-37 lead into the break.
Robinson and Thompkins finished with 13 and 11 points, respectively, in the first half and the Bulldogs shot 66.7 percent from the field.
The second half was never in contention as the Georgia lead reached as high as 27 on a pair of Sherrard Brantley free throws inside the final two minutes.
Georgia holds a 66-39 lead in the all-time series...All five Bulldogs starters finished in double-digits...Georgia made 17-of-17 from the line in the second half, 26-of-27 overall.
- Georgia's Juwan Parker granted medical redshirt May 23
- Georgia signs forward Diatta as transfer from Southern Idaho Apr 20
- McGarity believes Georgia program still growing with Fox Mar 30
- J.J. Frazier keeps believing, keeps shooting for Georgia Mar 4
- Mississippi tries to hold off surging Mississippi State Mar 1
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury Feb 12
- Georgia bracing for road trips to LSU and No. 17 Baylor Jan 25
- Georgia looking for turnaround following ugly loss to Aggies Jan 19
- Guard Stefan Moody lighting up SEC scoreboards for Ole Miss Jan 15
- Georgia defeats Robert Morris 79-67 Dec 29
- Georgia Preview Capsule Oct 29
- Georgia's Fox pushing for consistency after reaching NCAAs Oct 29