Arizona cruises past Oregon StateMar 4, 2011 - 6:53 AM Tucson, AZ (Sports Network) - Derrick Williams posted 15 points and 12 rebounds, and No. 18 Arizona cruised past Oregon State, 70-59.
Lamont Jones scored 17 points, while Kevin Parrom and Solomon Hill chipped in 10 apiece for the Wildcats (24-6, 13-4 Pac-10), who snapped a two-game slide and can wrap up the Pac-10 regular season title with a win over Oregon on Saturday.
"We have clinched at least a share of the conference championship, and I'm very proud of our guys," Arizona head coach Sean Miller said.
Devon Collier had 12 points and eight rebounds to lead the Beavers (10-18, 5-12), who fell for the sixth time in seven games thanks to 22 turnovers.
Despite coughing up the ball on its first five possessions, Oregon State led, 13-12, midway through the opening half.
The Beavers continued their carelessness with the ball, and it finally caught up with them as Arizona scored 12 of the next 13 points over a six-minute stretch.
Jones' layup capped the run for a 24-14 lead, and the hosts went into the break ahead, 34-23.
The Wildcats kept the Beavers at bay in the second half, leading by at least seven points the rest of the way.
The margin was 50-43 following a Joe Burton tip-in with nine minutes to go, and Arizona answered with three-pointers from Kyle Fogg and Jones to push the cushion back to double digits.
The closest the visitors got from there was nine.
Arizona improved to 16-0 at McKale Center this season...Burton ended with 10 points for Oregon State, which was outscored, 15-7, at the foul line...Arizona scored 23 points off Oregon State's miscues...Oregon State closes out the regular season Saturday at Arizona State.
- Pitts transferring from Arizona May 17
- Arizona guard Allonzo Trier returning for sophomore season Apr 4
- Arizona's Justin Simon transferring after 1 season Mar 28
- Beavers bummed about early exit, but excited for the future Mar 19
- Arizona falters against Wichita State, loses 65-55 Mar 18
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Arizona coach Sean Miller fed up with court storming Feb 25
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- Trier misses 3 at buzzer, No. 9 Arizona falls to Colorado Feb 25
- Arizona's Miller rips into team after loss to No. 23 Oregon Jan 29
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24