UNC crushes EvansvilleDec 7, 2011 - 3:05 AM Chapel Hill, NC (Sports Network) - John Henson and Tyler Zeller each recorded double-doubles, and Harrison Barnes scored a game-high 17 points, as No. 4 North Carolina routed Evansville, 97-48.
Henson finished with 13 points and 12 rebounds, while Zeller chipped in 12 points and 10 boards for the Tar Heels (7-2), who rebounded after a tough one- point loss to top-ranked Kentucky on Saturday.
"I thought our kids had great focus," UNC head coach Roy Williams said. "If we would've had that kind of focus for 40 minutes a couple other times this year it would've helped us out a great deal."
Denver Holmes had 14 points for Evansville (3-4), which has lost three of its last four games.
Colt Ryan, Evansville's leading scorer, finished with nine points on just 1- of-11 shooting from the floor.
The Tar Heels outrebounded the Aces 62-30, and held them to just 26 percent shooting from the field.
With UNC already up 33-17 with just over six minutes to go in the first half, the Tar Heels exploded on a 16-2 run before taking a 52-22 advantage into the locker room.
UNC shot 60 percent in the opening 20 minutes while holding Evansville to just 23 percent. Barnes paced the Tar Heels with 14 first-half points.
The Tar Heels began the second half on a 10-0 run and cruised from there.
Reggie Bullock scored 15 points for UNC...Zeller has three consecutive double- digit point games...This was the first of nine consecutive home games for the Tar Heels.
- EVANSVILLE: 48
NORTH CAROLINA: 97
Dec 6 9:01 PM
- EVANSVILLE: 22
NORTH CAROLINA: 52
Dec 6 7:56 PM
- EVANSVILLE: 0
NORTH CAROLINA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 6 7:03 PM
- Justin Jackson withdraws from draft, will return to UNC May 16
- UNC's Meeks back for senior year after NBA draft flirtation May 4
- UNC: Jackson, Meeks declare for NBA but not hiring agent Apr 22
- Attorney: NCAA also deserves blame in UNC fraud scandal Apr 19
- UNC's Williams aims to coach Tar Heels another 5-9 years Apr 12
- UNC reserve Kenny Williams III recovering from knee surgery Apr 7
- Tar Heels begin moving forward after falling short of title Apr 5
- UNC's Berry on crutches with foot injury after Final Four Apr 5
- Williams and Tar Heels stunned by last-second loss to 'Nova Apr 5
- UNC, Syracuse vastly different but familiar Final Four foes Apr 2
- Double-digit not Cinderella for Syracuse; UNC last No. 1 Mar 31
- Paige's shot returns in time for Tar Heels' Final Four run Mar 29