Fisher reaches milestone as San Diego State downs WyomingJan 25, 2012 - 5:25 AM Laramie, WY (Sports Network) - Chase Tapley and Jamaal Franklin netted 12 points apiece, helping Steve Fisher earn his 250th career victory at San Diego State as the 13th-ranked Aztecs took down Wyoming, 52-42.
Fisher is second on the all-time wins list at San Diego State and trails only George Ziegenfuss, who finished his career with 316 victories.
"To come in here and get a win, I'm very appreciative, and do believe we earned it," said Fisher. "It's a good team we played. It's also a good defensive team. Both teams make it hard to get easy looks. But we had enough -- just enough -- to get out of here with a win."
James Rahon added nine points for the Aztecs (18-2, 4-0 MWC), who have won 11 straight games.
Leonard Washington had 12 points, eight rebounds and three blocks for Wyoming (16-4, 2-2), which shot just 30.6 percent from the field.
Washington had 10 points and five rebounds in the first half as the Cowboys trailed by just three at the break, 25-22.
But San Diego State began the second half on a 16-4 run to essentially put the game away.
Rahon had seven points during the surge, and the Aztecs held a 41-26 advantage with 12:15 to play.
Wyoming got no closer than eight points down the stretch.
"That was a disappointing night," said Wyoming coach Larry Shyatt. "I thought at halftime we were fortunate to be within a basket. We had three starters with two fouls, but were able to hang in the game."
The Aztecs have not allowed an opponent to score more than 70 points during their winning streak.
Tapley scored in double figures for a 14th straight game and with 11 rebounds, Franklin recorded his fifth double-double in seven contests...San Diego State shot 51.2 percent from the field and was 5-of-11 from beyond the arc...Wyoming has lost 15 of the past 22 meetings, but still leads the all- time series, 37-33.
- SAN DIEGO STATE: 52
Jan 24 10:20 PM
- SAN DIEGO STATE: 25
Jan 24 9:18 PM
- SAN DIEGO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 24 8:37 PM
- Playing in the Garden nice consolation prize for Aztecs Mar 25
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- Fisher's Aztecs looking for 7th straight NCAA tourney berth Mar 9
- SDSU tops San Jose State 78-56 to clinch share of MWC title Feb 21
- San Diego St. 9-0 at halfway point of Mountain West schedule Feb 1
- San Diego State says basketball program cleared by NCAA Jan 5
- Hagins scores 14 as Little Rock stuns San Diego St. 49-43 Nov 21
- Cheatham brings 'good energy' to Fisher's Aztecs Nov 4
- It's now Steve Fisher Court at San Diego State Oct 29
- Duke crushes San Diego State to reach Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Blue Devils battle Aztecs in South Regional action Mar 22
- San Diego State holds off St. John's to advance Mar 21