College of Charelston downs No. 24 BaylorNov 25, 2012 - 7:53 AM College of Charleston took down No. 24 Baylor, 63-59.
Anthony Thomas had 11 points, while Andrew Lawrence and Anthony Stitt each gave 10 points for the Cougars (3-2), who have won their past two. Adjehi Baru had eight points with 15 rebounds in the win.
Pierre Jackson poured in 21 points, five rebounds and five assists and Isaiah Austin added 12 points and five rebounds for the Bears (4-2), who have dropped two of their last three.
"We're upset, but we can only be upset with ourselves," Jackson said. "Prior to the game we didn't prepare well enough as a team, we didn't pay enough attention to the scouting report and they executed well and capitalized on our mistakes."
With the score tied at 55-all after Jackson hit a layup followed by a 3- pointer, the Cougars took a lead they wouldn't relinquish as Hall hit two free throws with 3 1/2 minutes to play.
Charleston failed to convert after a Cory Jefferson turnover, but Baylor missed a pair of 3-pointers and Hall followed with a layup.
After Jackson missed a jumper, Hall nailed a basket for a 61-55 lead with just over a minute to play.
Austin gave a layup at the other end, and Thomas followed with two misses from the free throw line. Following another miss from Jackson, A.J. Walton stole the ball from Lawrence and Gary Franklin hit two free throws to pull Baylor within two at 61-59.
Stitt then hit just one-of-two to give Baylor a chance. Jackson missed yet again and Jefferson came down with the offensive board, but he missed on his shot and after grabbing the rebound, Hall made one-of-two from the line with just seconds to play to seal the win.
The Cougars posted an 8-0 run in the first half for a 26-18 lead and eventually took a 31-26 advantage into the halftime break.
Baylor took the lead back off a Jackson 3-pointer just over three minutes into the second half, but the score stayed close and its last lead in the game came when Jefferson slammed the ball home with 9 1/2 minutes to play at 48-46.
Jackson shot just 8-for-21 in the game ... This was the first meeting between these two schools ... Charleston shot 48.8 percent in the game while Baylor made just 39.3 percent of its shots.
- COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON: 63
Nov 24 10:58 PM
- COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON: 31
Nov 24 9:45 PM
- COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 24 9:06 PM
- King's heart: Baylor freshman playing with defibrillator Mar 15
- Baylor hopes to be motivated by lasting NCAA tourney image Oct 28
- Baylor at a glance Oct 28
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- No. 9 Kansas tops No. 16 Baylor to reach Big 12 title game Mar 14
- Baylor and Kansas meet in Big 12 Tournament semifinals Mar 13
- Baylor tops West Virginia in Big 12 tourney Mar 12
- Mountaineers challenge Bears in Big 12 Tournament action Mar 12
- Baylor rallies past Texas Tech Mar 7
- Texas Tech and Baylor meet in regular-season finale Mar 6
- Texas fights off No. 14 Baylor in OT Mar 2