Kilpatrick, Bearcats thump AggiesNov 19, 2012 - 12:27 AM Cincinnati, OH (Sports Network) - Sean Kilpatrick scored a game-high 29 points for the No.24 Cincinnati Bearcats, who crushed North Carolina A&T, 93-39, as part of the 2012 Global Sports Classic play on Sunday.
Kilpatrick also grabbed seven rebounds and dished out five assists while coming away with two steals in the victory. 11 other Bearcats scored in the game, but Cashmere Wright was the only other player in double-figures, scoring 13 points.
The Aggies (1-3) shot a miserable 15.2 percent for the game, making only 10 shots in dropping their third straight contest.
"Cincinnati is a great basketball team. We didn't step up and meet the challenge to try and play at this level," said Aggies coach Cy Alexander. "They were just a better basketball team than us."
Lamont Middleton led North Carolina A&T with 11 points and six rebounds, but shot a terrible 4-of-17 from the field in the loss.
Both teams will continue tournament action again on Tuesday, when the Bearcats host Campbell and the Aggies travel to play Iowa State.
The Bearcats opened up the contest on a 14-0 run and never looked back. Kilpatrick drained six of his eight 3-pointers in the first half to help Cincinnati out to a 47-16 advantage heading into the break.
"I was just playing within the game and the flow of the game," said Kilpatrick. "Everyone was finding me early. On top of that, there were just open shots. Couldn't of been a good night without the team."
Cincinnati broke open a 44-point lead after Kilpatrick buried another trey with 10:44 left to play, capping a 16-0 run.
Cincinnati forced the Aggies into 20 turnovers, which they converted into 23 points ... The Bearcats outscored the Aggies in the paint 40-14.
- NORTH CAROLINA A&T: 39
Nov 18 3:56 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA A&T: 16
Nov 18 2:52 PM
- NORTH CAROLINA A&T: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 18 2:08 PM
- Cincinnati says Mick Cronin is staying after talks with UNLV Mar 25
- A late dunk, a last-second 3 add to Cincinnati's heartbreak Mar 21
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Cincinnati routs Robert Morris 106-44 Nov 15
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- Still-unbeaten Kentucky grinds out win over Cincinnati Mar 21
- Bearcats on tap to test undefeated Wildcats Mar 21
- Cincinnati edges Purdue in OT thriller Mar 20
- Bearcats battle Boilermakers in Midwest Region Mar 19
- Cincinnati completes sweep of SMU Feb 6
- Mustangs set sights on Bearcats in AAC action Feb 5
- Cincinnati coach Cronin out for rest of season Jan 2