Kilpatrick helps Bearcats dominate HawksDec 8, 2012 - 10:29 PM Cincinnati, OH (Sports Network) - Sean Kilpatrick scored a team-high 23 points on 10-of-15 shooting in the No.11 Cincinnati Bearcats' 92-60 trouncing of MD- Eastern Shore on Saturday.
Cashmere Wright became the sixth player in school history to record at least 400 assists in a career for Cincinnati (9-0). He finished with nine for the game and also added 20 points, converting 6-of-7 from downtown in the win.
JaQuon Parker scored 12 points and Shaquille Thomas had 11 for the Bearcats.
Kyree Jones led all scorers with 25 points on 8-of-17 shooting for the winless Hawks (0-9). Troy Snyder added 13 points and eight rebounds in the defeat.
"They killed us on the boards with their size, their strength, their athleticism," said Hawks coach Frankie Allen. "(Cincinnati) shot the ball well. Guys like Cashmere Wright, Kilpatrick, they shot the ball pretty well against our zone, but they just manhandled us once they shot it and missed it."
The Bearcats led wire-to-wire and dominated the boards 49-27 in recording their 11th 9-0 start in school history.
"We're just trying to get everything in order, get the offense flowing," said Wright. "Make sure everybody knows where they're supposed to be at and just play hard."
Wright and Kilpatrick both knocked down their first two attempts from three- point range to open up an 18-8 advantage for Cincinnati less than five minutes into the game.
Kilpatrick's second triple sparked a 9-0 run for the Bearcats, as the Hawks went nearly eight minutes without a field goal until Snyder scored a bucket to cut the margin to 20 with 8:10 to play in the half.
Cincinnati's lead swelled to 29 by halftime as they cruised to victory in the second half, leading by as many as 37 points.
Wright passed Damon Flint for fifth place on Cincinnati's career assists list ... Thomas, a red-shirt freshman, set career-highs in points and rebounds the victory. He hauled in seven boards for the game ... Titus Rubles finished with seven points and a game-high 10 rebounds for Cincinnati ... The Bearcats shot 48 percent from the field compared to the Hawks' 29.9 percent.
- Cincinnati says Mick Cronin is staying after talks with UNLV Mar 25
- A late dunk, a last-second 3 add to Cincinnati's heartbreak Mar 21
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Cincinnati routs Robert Morris 106-44 Nov 15
- Still-unbeaten Kentucky grinds out win over Cincinnati Mar 21
- Bearcats on tap to test undefeated Wildcats Mar 21
- Cincinnati edges Purdue in OT thriller Mar 20
- Bearcats battle Boilermakers in Midwest Region Mar 19
- Cincinnati completes sweep of SMU Feb 6
- Mustangs set sights on Bearcats in AAC action Feb 5
- Cincinnati coach Cronin out for rest of season Jan 2
- Cincinnati coach Cronin has aneurysm Dec 20