Gators roll to another easy winJan 31, 2013 - 5:22 AM Florida throttled South Carolina, 75-36 Wednesday at Stephen C. O'Connell Center.
Freshman Michael Frazier nailed four 3-pointers for 12 points and pulled down seven rebounds for the Gators (17-2, 7-0 SEC) who have won nine straight, all coming by 17 points or more.
Michael Carrera was the only South Carolina player in double-figures with 13 points on 6-of-9 shooting from the floor for the Gamecocks (12-8, 2-5), who managed just 10 points in the first half after shooting just 3-of-21.
"They did the same thing they've done to every opponent this year," South Carolina coach Frank Martin said of the Gators. "They're rock solid; they're sound."
The Gators leaped out on a 26-6 surge to open the contest, and as the lead, and offense strengthened, Florida entered the break up, 33-10, behind 47.8 percent shooting.
Little changed in the second half, as midway through the Gators upped their advantage to 59-20, after Casey Prather's layup with 10:08 still remaining to play.
It was another easy conference win for coach Billy Donovan's squad, which entered the contest with an average margin of victory of 26.5 points in six SEC matchups.
"We want to make teams uncomfortable," Rosario said. "We are just doing everything that coach wants us to do. Being aggressive on the defensive end and just taking care of the ball. Everyone is doing their job and it's showing. There's just positive energy throughout this whole team right now."
Florida's No. 4 ranking is the program's highest since the 2006-07 season, when the Gators won the second of back-to-back national championships ... South Carolina became the 11th opponent this season which has been held under 50 points by Florida ... The Gamecocks fell to 1-4 in true road games this year ... Florida has won four straight and 11 of the last 14 meetings in the series.
- SOUTH CAROLINA: 36
Jan 30 9:54 PM
- SOUTH CAROLINA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 30 8:06 PM
- South Carolina forward Raymond Doby leaving the program May 18
- Virginia Tech guard Jalen Hudson transfers to Florida May 16
- Florida guard Francis-Ramirez transferring after 2 seasons May 4
- Florida's Devin Robinson out 4-6 months after foot surgery Apr 21
- South Carolina dismisses suspended players Gregory, Cobb Apr 4
- Gamecocks give men's coach Frank Martin 4-year extension Apr 1
- South Carolina got told it was in - except, it wasn't Mar 31
- Florida guard Walker plans to transfer after graduation Mar 28
- Offseason questions loom for Frank Martin, South Carolina Mar 23
- 2 South Carolina players arrested over BB gun shooting Mar 17
- Florida's Egbunu to have season-ending thumb surgery Mar 15
- 5 South Carolina players suspended before NIT game Mar 15