No. 12 Louisville routs South FloridaJan 23, 2014 - 4:47 AM Tampa, FL (SportsNetwork.com) - Montrezl Harris scored 14 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, as No. 12 Louisville routed South Florida, 86-47, on Wednesday at Sun Dome.
Wayne Blackshear registered a game-high 16 points off the bench, while Luke Hancock and Russ Smith scored 14 and 12 points, respectively, for the Cardinals (17-3, 6-1 AAC), who have won four straight games.
"We have now played four really good games in a row," Louisville head coach Rick Pitino said. "Our interior play is improving, which is what we want to see. A lot of pieces are coming together."
Chris Perry poured in 10 points off the bench to pace the Bulls (10-9, 1-5), who have dropped three straight and five of their last six games.
"They dictated and did whatever they wanted to do," USF head coach Stan Heath said of Louisville. "We didn't have any answers, whether it was them speeding us up or us getting disrupted. I just thought we were a little bit in awe."
With the game tied 4-4 just over three minutes in, Smith finished a layup that sparked an 18-3 Louisville run, which Harris capped with a layup of his own for a 22-7 spread just prior to the midpoint of the half.
Harrell's jumper following two free throws from Stephan Van Treese found Louisville's lead at 38-17 and the Cardinals carried a 45-22 advantage into the locker room.
Louisville scored the first seven points of the second half to push the cushion to 30 and never allowed South Florida to get closer than 27 the rest of the way as the Cardinals cruised to victory.
Louisville leads the all-time series, 28-4 ... The Bulls have lost seven straight home meetings against the Cardinals, with their last home win against Louisville coming on Jan. 31, 2001 ... Louisville shot 30-of-59 from the floor, including a 12-of-23 mark from beyond the arc ... South Florida shot 1- for-8 from 3-point range and turned the ball over 23 times.
- Louisville sophomore Onuaku to undergo heart procedure May 17
- Louisville students' lawsuit against escort is dismissed May 3
- Louisville announces more sanctions for men's basketball Apr 6
- Pitino elevates Johnson to Louisville associate head coach Mar 15
- Cardinals' Pitino says he saw nothing 'unusual' at dormitory Mar 15
- Pitino: Will use offseason to decide future with Louisville Mar 1
- Transfers Lewis, Lee relish time spent at No. 11 Louisville Feb 29
- Louisville's Mahmoud out for final 6 games with ankle injury Feb 15
- Pitino: Mathiang won't return this season after foot injury Feb 12
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal Feb 9
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations Feb 6
- Louisville men's basketball team coping with postseason ban Feb 6