Parker, No. 11 Duke dominate Boston CollegeFeb 9, 2014 - 1:23 AM Chestnut Hill, MA (SportsNetwork.com) - Jabari Parker had a career-high 29 points and 16 rebounds as No. 11 Duke routed Boston College, 89-68, on Saturday.
Quinn Cook tallied 21 points and Rasheed Sulaimon added 10 points and six assists for the Blue Devils (19-5, 8-3 ACC), who have won their last two games by at least 20 points after falling at Syracuse last Saturday.
Olivier Hanlan netted 25 points to lead Boston College (6-17, 2-8), which has dropped three straight and six of its last seven.
Duke led 39-35 at the break and scored eight of the second half's first nine points to help build its first double-digit margin of the game.
A pair of Parker dunks, the latter a three-point play, and Sulaimon's right corner trey staked the Blue Devils to a 47-36 cushion.
Later, Cook knocked down two 3-pointers and netted eight points during an 18-0 surge, which extended the margin to 71-44 a little past the midway point of the second half.
Duke cruised to the easy win from there.
Earlier, Rodney Hood and Tyler Thornton hit early triples as Duke raced out to an 8-2 lead, but Alex Dragicevich nailed a 3 to conclude a 12-5 BC run to tie the game at 16-16.
Duke outscored BC 50-33 in the second half ... The Blue Devils shot 56.1 percent (32-of-57) from the floor and 52.4 percent (11-of-21) from beyond the arc ... Parker was 12-of-17 from the field.
- DUKE: 89
BOSTON COLLEGE: 68
Feb 8 8:04 PM
- DUKE: 39
BOSTON COLLEGE: 35
Feb 8 6:59 PM
- DUKE: 0
BOSTON COLLEGE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 8 6:11 PM
- Krzyzewski has hernia surgery, expects to be healthy for Rio May 9
- Duke's Grayson Allen has hernia surgery Apr 22
- Duke's Jefferson receives medical hardship waiver Apr 22
- Duke freshman guard Derryck Thornton to transfer Apr 10
- Grayson Allen to return to Duke for junior season Apr 6
- Duke's Brandon Ingram declares for NBA Draft after 1 season Apr 4
- Duke: Coach K recovering from knee replacement surgery Apr 3
- Duke ends with longer-than-expected NCAA run, short bench Mar 25
- Duke's title defense ends with 82-68 loss to Oregon Mar 25
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- It's David vs. Goliath when UNC Wilmington meets Duke Mar 17