Missouri holds off NC StateDec 29, 2013 - 5:27 AM Raleigh, NC (SportsNetwork.com) - Jabari Brown nailed a go-ahead 3-pointer with 55.1 seconds remaining and No. 25 Missouri defeated NC State, 68-64, on Saturday night.
After Brown's left wing triple gave Missouri a 63-62 lead, Anthony Barber drew a foul on Jordan Clarkson with 26.8 seconds to go, but he missed the front end of a 1-and-1 and Earnest Ross pulled down the rebound.
The 86-percent foul shooter Clarkson sunk a pair of foul shots to put the Tigers up three with 20.1 ticks left and Ralston Turner airballed a well contested three-pointer by Brown at the other end from the right wing.
Tony Criswell then made two free throws with 7.4 seconds on the clock to seal the outcome.
Clarkson had 21 points and four assists, Ross tallied 11 points and 13 rebounds and Brown netted 17 points for Missouri (11-1), which was coming off its first loss last Saturday against Illinois.
"I thought our guys showed great character, great toughness, getting down 10 in both halves," Missouri head coach Frank Haith said.
Saturday's contest was the Tigers' first road game of the year.
T.J. Warren registered 24 points and 13 boards for the Wolfpack (9-3), who had their seven-game winning streak snapped.
"Missouri made some big-time plays at the right points in the game. That was the difference in the game," Wolfpack head coach Mark Gottfried said.
NC State led 32-30 at the break and Kyle Washington nailed three jumpers during a 10-2 Wolfpack run during the middle stages of the second half to help build the hosts a 53-43 cushion with 8:56 to play.
Missouri, though, answered with an 11-1 run, which was capped on back-to-back treys by Ross and Brown to knot the tilt at 54-54.
Missouri shot 40.4 percent (21-of-52) from the floor and 38.9 percent (7- of-18) from beyond the arc ... Washington had 10 points ... NC State tallied 17 assists on 25 made field goals.
- MISSOURI: 68
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 64
Dec 28 10:09 PM
- MISSOURI: 30
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 32
Dec 28 8:52 PM
- MISSOURI: 0
NORTH CAROLINA STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 28 8:03 PM
- NC State's Anya opts out of draft, returns for senior season May 20
- NC State forward Abdul-Malik Abu pulls out of NBA Draft May 19
- NC State adds 7-foot Turkish center Omer Yurtseven May 16
- NC State's 1983 NCAA championship team to visit White House Apr 28
- Twins Caleb and Cody Martin transferring from NC State Mar 24
- NC State junior Anthony 'Cat' Barber to remain in NBA draft Mar 22
- Gottfried, Wolfpack focused on returning to NCAAs next year Mar 15
- Missouri players Isabell, Wright decide to transfer Mar 15
- Anderson gets vote of confidence from athletic director Mar 9
- NC State assistant Moxley moving to support role after year Mar 6
- NC State's Barber carries heavy load for struggling Wolfpack Mar 4
- Missouri says F D'Angelo Allen plans to transfer Feb 29