Billikens down Hawks for 15th straight winFeb 6, 2014 - 2:44 AM Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - The 13th-ranked Saint Louis Billikens set a school record with their 15th straight victory and beat the Saint Joseph's Hawks for an eighth consecutive time.
Rob Loe had 17 points in the Billikens' 65-49 victory over the Hawks on Wednesday.
Jordair Jett added 10 points and seven assists for Saint Louis (21-2, 8-0 A-10), which hasn't lost since Dec. 1 against Wichita State. Austin McBroom and Mike McCall Jr. each tallied nine points.
Ronald Roberts Jr. ended with 19 points, nine rebounds and four blocks for Saint Joseph's (15-7, 5-3), which was unable to build off a win over then-No. 21 Massachusetts on Saturday.
The Hawks actually jumped out to a 5-0 lead, but the Billikens scored the next nine points to take the lead for good.
Holding a 19-18 edge with 8:17 left, Saint Louis closed out the first half on a 16-4 run. McBroom tallied seven points during the spurt to help the visitors take a 35-22 margin into the locker room.
The Hawks stayed within striking distance and made one last run midway through the second half. DeAndre Bembry made two free throws, Roberts added a dunk and Papa Ndao connected on a jumper to get the home team within 45-38 with 9:45 to play.
But the Billikens came right back with a 16-5 surge to put the game out of reach. Loe scored seven points during the burst, including a 3-pointer with 4:21 left for a 61-43 lead.
Saint Louis leads the all-time series by an 8-2 margin ... Saint Joseph's shot 31.9 percent from the floor and went 1-of-15 from three-point range, while the Billikens shot 44 percent from the field and went 6-of-13 from beyond the arc ... The Hawks turned the ball over 17 times ... The Billikens topped 14-game winning streaks set in the 1958-59 and 1993-94 seasons ... Saint Louis improved to 8-0 on the road this season.
- ST. LOUIS: 65
ST. JOSEPH'S: 49
Feb 5 9:04 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 35
ST. JOSEPH'S: 22
Feb 5 7:50 PM
- ST. LOUIS: 0
ST. JOSEPH'S: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 5 7:04 PM
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Saint Joseph's flying high as Atlantic 10 contenders Feb 19
- Saint Joseph's rolls to 75-60 win over Penn Jan 20
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- Sharp shooting leads VCU past Saint Joseph's Jan 11
- Hawks seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Jan 10
- Wichita State routs Saint Louis Dec 7
- No. 10 Villanova rolls past Saint Joseph's Dec 6