Saint Louis downs Bonnies for 10th straight winJan 16, 2014 - 5:36 AM St. Louis, MO (SportsNetwork.com) - Dwayne Evans scored 18 points on 8-of-12 shooting to help lift No. 24 Saint Louis to its 10th straight win, a 66-60 decision over St. Bonaventure.
Jordair Jett, the reigning Atlantic 10 Player of the Week, added 15 points and matched Evans with six rebounds in the Billikens' first game as a ranked team this season.
Rob Loe totaled 11 rebounds, four assists and three blocks for Saint Louis (16-2, 3-0 A-10).
Matthew Wright had 17 points to lead St. Bonaventure (11-6, 1-2), which has dropped back-to-back games for the first time during the 2013-14 campaign.
The Bonnies put a scare into then-No. 19 Massachusetts on Saturday before blowing a 13-point lead in the second half in a 73-68 loss. Still seeking to knock off a ranked team for the first time since 2000, went up 47-45 on Jordan Gathers' 3-pointer with 10:11 to go.
Falling behind seemed to invigorate the Billikens, who took back control with a 12-1 run over the next three minutes. Mike Crawford knocked down a pair of threes during the surge that gave Saint Louis a 57-48 lead.
St. Bonaventure got no closer than five the rest of the way.
"I knew it would be just a knockdown, drag-out, possession game with not much rhythm to the game," said Saint Louis head coach Jim Crews.
The Billikens were held to 32.4 percent shooting in the first half, but still led 28-27 at the break. They almost doubled their percentage in the second half, making 63.2 percent of their shots, including 4-of-6 from beyond the arc after an 0-for-7 showing in the opening 20 minutes.
Saint Louis last opened 3-0 in league play during the 1989-90 season as a member of the Midwestern Collegiate Conference (now known as the Horizon League) ... The Bonnies have lost 24 in a row to ranked opponents since a 57-56 win over then-No. 20 Temple on Jan. 15, 2000 ... Dion Wright had 16 points, five rebounds and three steals for St. Bonaventure, which was outrebounded 45-32.
- ST. BONAVENTURE: 60
ST. LOUIS: 66
Jan 15 10:08 PM
- ST. BONAVENTURE: 27
ST. LOUIS: 28
Jan 15 8:58 PM
- ST. BONAVENTURE: 0
ST. LOUIS: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 15 8:08 PM
- Surprising St. Bonaventure nudges into NCAA Tournament talk Mar 10
- Graham leads VCU's rout of Saint Louis Feb 18
- Saint Louis comes calling on No. 25 VCU Feb 17
- St. Bonaventure stuns VCU on buzzer-beater Feb 7
- Bonnies entertain 18th-ranked Rams Feb 7
- No. 16 VCU holds off Saint Louis with last-second shot Jan 23
- Billikens battle 16th-ranked Rams in A-10 action Jan 23
- Wichita State routs Saint Louis Dec 7
- Eighth-ranked Shockers set sights on Billikens Dec 6
- Louisville reaches Sweet 16 with win over Saint Louis Mar 22
- Cardinals battle Billikens in Midwest Regional Mar 22
- Saint Louis battles back, downs NC State in overtime Mar 21