Hawaii rallies past Nebraska-OmahaJan 4, 2014 - 7:26 AM Honolulu, HI (SportsNetwork.com) - Hawaii scored eight of the game's final nine points to rally past Nebraska-Omaha for a 77-73 win at Stan Sheriff Center.
Isaac Fotu poured in a game-high 26 points on 8-of-11 shooting from the field and Garrett Nevels added 12 for the Warriors (11-3), winners in four straight.
Christian Standhardinger and Keith Shamburger finished with 10 points apiece in the win.
Hawaii will open Big West play against Cal Poly on Thursday.
John Karhoff led the Mavericks (10-5) with 15 points and Justin Simmons chipped in with 14 points off the bench. Omaha opens Summit League action with Western Illinois on Jan. 11.
The Mavericks led 54-47 with just under 12 minutes left, but a 9-2 swing from Hawaii cut the deficit to two, 58-56.
Omaha countered with a 9-0 run to make it 65-56, but six straight points from Hawaii made it a 65-62 contest with 5:10 remaining.
A pair of Shamburger free throws gave the Warriors the lead with 53 ticks showing and Hawaii held Omaha to just one point the rest of the way to seal the win.
Omaha led 36-32 at the break.
- NEBRASKA OMAHA: 73
Jan 4 2:08 AM
- NEBRASKA OMAHA: 36
Jan 4 12:53 AM
- NEBRASKA OMAHA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 4 12:08 AM
- Hawaii guard Aaron Valdes to turn professional Apr 7
- No. 13 seed Hawaii to play 4th-seeded Maryland Mar 19
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- U of Hawaii appeals NCAA men's basketball postseason ban Jan 6
- NCAA puts University of Hawaii men's basketball on probation Dec 22
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- WSU outlasts Hawaii in OT to reach Diamond Head Classic finals Dec 23
- Shockers and Rainbow Warriors meet in Diamond Head Classic Dec 23
- Hawaii names Benjy Taylor men's basketball coach Oct 31
- Hawaii fires men's hoops coach Arnold Oct 28