Kentucky continues dominance over Ole MissFeb 5, 2014 - 3:27 AM Lexington, KY (SportsNetwork.com) - Willie Cauley-Stein had a great all-around performance with 18 points, 11 rebounds and six blocks, and 18th-ranked Kentucky continued its domination of Ole Miss with an 80-64 victory at Rupp Arena.
Aaron Harrison scored 16 for the Wildcats (17-5, 7-2 SEC), who have won back- to-back contests since a Jan. 28 loss at LSU. Kentucky also moved to 101-13 all-time against Ole Miss, including a 51-2 mark at home. The Wildcats are 27-1 at Rupp Arena against the Rebels.
Marshall Henderson had 16 points for the Rebels (15-7, 6-3), who failed to build on a 75-71 home win over South Carolina Saturday.
"We end up with 12 blocks because they just thought they could drive it, and that's what he does. He had great defensive confidence," Kentucky coach John Calipari said of Cauley-Stein.
Henderson's 3-pointer had the visitors within 43-41 less than three minutes into the second half, but the Wildcats netted the next seven points. Julius Randle capped the burst with a breakaway jam.
The margin then reached double-digits at 53-43 on two free throws from Randle with 13:38 left, but a jumper from Aaron Jones brought Ole Miss within 58-51 at the midway point.
Kentucky then pulled away for good, as Andrew Harrison hit a layup for a 68-54 cushion with 6:22 remaining.
Ole Miss led by as many as five in the first half, but trailed 35-34 at the break.
"We just couldn't get clean looks over the top," Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy said. "We've never been very proficient at the rim, but I thought in the first half our big guys were cleaning some balls up and finishing around the basket. That's what kept us in the game."
Henderson has hit a 3-pointer in a school record 55 straight games ... Jarvis Summers and LaDarius White each had 11 points for Ole Miss, which shot 38.5 percent from the field ... Kentucky, which shot 51 percent, got 12 points from Randle and 10 apiece from James Young and Alex Poythress.
- MISSISSIPPI: 64
Feb 4 9:01 PM
- MISSISSIPPI: 34
Feb 4 7:51 PM
- MISSISSIPPI: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Feb 4 7:03 PM
- Kentucky reserve G/F Charles Matthews requests transfer May 18
- Calipari plans to coach Kentucky 'the rest of my career' May 16
- Calipari: Defense, size will be Kentucky's initial strengths May 11
- Kentucky's Skal Labissiere announces plan to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Kentucky guard Jamal Murray says he will enter NBA draft Apr 1
- Calipari: All eligible Kentucky players to enter NBA draft Mar 23
- Kentucky's up-and-down season ends with early tourney exit Mar 20
- Indiana tops Kentucky 73-67 for Sweet 16 berth Mar 19
- Kentucky falters, loses to Indiana 73-67 Mar 19
- Kentucky and Indiana square off for first time in 4 years Mar 18
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17