Nevada bounces back, beats Louisiana TechJan 26, 2007 - 5:15 AM RENO, Nevada (Ticker) -- Ramon Sessions and Nevada successfully avoided consecutive Western Athletic Conference defeats.
Sessions scored 21 points as the 15th-ranked Wolf Pack pulled away in the second half for an 84-67 triumph over Louisiana Tech.
Star forward Nick Fazekas, who has been slowed by a sprained left ankle, added 13 points and Marcelus Kemp 12 for Nevada (18-2, 6-1 WAC), which absorbed an 80-73 setback to New Mexico State last Saturday.
The game was tied at halftime, 37-37, before the Wolf Pack took command with a 10-0 run to begin the second half. Nevada extended its advantage to 70-53 on a jumper by Brandon Fields with 6:34 to play and led by at least 10 points thereafter.
Sessions made 8-of-12 shots from the field for Nevada, which connected on 56 percent (31-of-55) overall en route to its seventh straight home win. The Wolf Pack were particularly sharp in the second half, shooting 62.5 percent (15-of-24).
Chad McKenzie scored 19 points and Trey McDowell 17 for Louisiana Tech (6-13, 4-3), which led by as many as eight points in the first half.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LOUISIANA TECH 37 30 67
NEVADA (15) 37 46 83 FINAL
Jan 25 11:50 PM
- NCAA BB
LOUISIANA TECH 37
NEVADA (15) 37 HALFTIME
Jan 25 10:45 PM
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Tulsa edges Louisiana Tech to win C-USA title Mar 15
- Tulsa takes on Louisiana Tech for C-USA Tournament title Mar 15
- Bairstow, No. 25 New Mexico down Nevada Mar 2
- Lobos meet Wolf Pack in MWC clash Mar 2
- Aztecs win 20th straight, beat Nevada Feb 9
- Aztecs put streak on line against Wolf Pack Feb 8
- Oklahoma State downs Louisiana Tech Dec 14