Low gets hot in second half for Washington StateNov 14, 2007 - 7:04 AM BOISE, Idaho (Ticker) -- Derrick Low and Washington State both had a much better second half than first on Tuesday.
Low scored 26 points and Kyle Weaver had 19 to lead the ninth-ranked Cougars to an 86-74 victory over Boise State.
Low had two points at the half and Washington State trailed, 32-26. He heated up quickly after the break, hitting a 3-pointer just under four minutes into the second half to tie the game, 41-41, and ignite a 16-1 run.
Boise State (1-1) led by as many as 13 in the first half but Daven Harmeling helped the Cougars cut into the deficit, scoring Washington State's final eight points of the half.
Harmeling, who scored 13 points in the first half, finished with 18 and Taylor Rochestie had 12 for the Cougars (2-0).
Anthony Thomas scored 18 points and Reggie Larry had 16 and 10 rebounds for the Broncos.
Washington State improved to 9-0 in November under coach Tony Bennett and have now won 10 straight November games.
The Cougars did it with offense, hitting 9-of-19 from the arc and shooting 56 percent (27-of-48) overall. Washington State had just three turnovers in the second half and 11 for the game.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
WASHINGTON ST (9) 26 60 86
BOISE ST 32 42 74 FINAL
Nov 13 11:02 PM
- NCAA BB
(9) WASHINGTON ST 26
BOISE ST 32 HALFTIME
Nov 13 9:45 PM
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Nov 25
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Washington State Cougars reject last place prediction Oct 28
- Washington St Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- No. 25 Boise State drops Air Force to reach MWC SFs Mar 12
- Air Force takes on Boise State in MWC quarterfinals Mar 12