Cunningham leads Villanova to easy winDec 3, 2008 - 6:02 AM PHILADELPHIA (Ticker) -- Dante Cunningham continued his strong campaign on Tuesday and Villanova cruised to another easy win.
Cunningham had 20 points and 11 rebounds as 16th-ranked Villanova had little problem getting past Pennsylvania, 69-47.
Corey Stokes added 14 points and Scottie Reynolds scored 10 for the Wildcats (7-0), who held the Quakers to 33 percent (16-of-49) shooting from the floor.
Villanova has won all seven of its contests this season by at least 13 points and took control of the game early on.
Cunningham scored 10 points during a 15-3 run early in the first half as Villanova opened a 20-7 lead with 9:56 to go before the break.
The Quakers got no closer than eight the rest of the half as the Wildcats took a 36-24 advantage into the locker room.
Villanova came out fast to start the second half, using a 12-0 run to take a 48-24 advantage with 15:18 remaining. Reynolds and Stokes each hit a 3-pointer during the run.
Pennsylvania never got back into the game as Villanova cruised to the finish.
It was the third double-double of the season for Cunningham, who has scored in double figures in each game for Villanova thus far. The seven straight contests with at least 10 points is the longest of the senior's career.
The game was technically the first road contest for the Wildcats, who also defeated Towson and Rhode Island at the Palestra this past weekend.
The Wildcats outrebounded the Quakers, 47-24, with 19 coming on the offensive end.
Harrison Gaines paced the Quakers (1-5) with 14 points.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
VILLANOVA (16) 36 33 69
PENN 24 23 47 FINAL
Dec 2 10:15 PM
- NCAA BB
(16) VILLANOVA 36
PENN 24 0:00 LEFT, 1ST HALF
Dec 2 9:13 PM
- Villanova's buzzer-beater Jenkins to stay for senior season May 3
- Villanova receives $22.6 million gift for arena renovation Apr 20
- National champion Wildcats bask in celebratory perks Apr 12
- Philadelphia cheers NCAA champs Villanova with parade Apr 8
- Classes off, party on: a Philly bash for champion Villanova Apr 6
- Oklahoma and Villanova face the shooting woes of NRG Stadium Apr 2
- 'Nova looks to show growth since 1st game against Oklahoma Mar 31
- Top-seeded Kansas, No. 2 Villanova set for Elite 8 showdown Mar 25
- Friendship will take a backseat in Villanova-Miami matchup Mar 23
- Villanova-Iowa bound to end a Sweet 16 drought, but just 1 Mar 19
- Villanova trying to put early NCAA losses in past Mar 17
- Villanova finds March failures trump Big East title triumphs Mar 14