Morgan, Michigan State scuttle The CitadelDec 18, 2008 - 3:11 AM EAST LANSING, Michigan (Ticker) -- Raymar Morgan made sure Michigan State didn't fall into the trap.
The 6-8 junior forward scored 26 points and grabbed 10 rebounds as the 22nd-ranked Spartans cut down The Citadel, 79-65, on Wednesday,
Morgan was 11-of-12 from the field as Michigan State prepped for its matchup with fifth-ranked Texas on Saturday. The double-double was the fourth of Morgan's career.
The Spartans scored the game's first eight points and never trailed. They pushed the lead to 39-22 in the first half before settling for a 41-33 advantage at intermission.
Michigan State (7-2) maintained a double-digit lead for much of the second half and coasted to the finish.
Austin Dahn led the Bulldogs (5-6) with 17 points, including five 3-pointers.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
THE CITADEL 33 32 65
MICHIGAN ST (22) 41 38 79 FINAL
Dec 17 10:09 PM
- NCAA BB
THE CITADEL 33
(22) MICHIGAN ST 41 HALFTIME
Dec 17 8:55 PM
- Michigan State's Deyonta Davis enters NBA draft after 1 year Apr 12
- Marvin Clark and Javon Bess plan to leave Michigan State Mar 28
- Izzo will assist Davis as he explores option of entering NBA Mar 22
- Michigan State's Valentine laments a game he'll never forget Mar 19
- No. 2 Michigan State becomes NCAA's early bracket-buster Mar 18
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Ex-basketball star Mateen Cleaves charged with sex assault Mar 15
- Deyonta Davis has shot to shine for 2nd-seeded Spartans Mar 15
- Michigan State's Tom Izzo may have a day beyond his dreams Mar 14
- Forbes has proven to be pivotal player for No. 2 Michigan St Mar 7
- Denzel Valentine draws comparisons to Michigan State greats Mar 4
- Michigan State's Kenny Goins out 2-4 weeks with knee injury Feb 16