Lighty leads Ohio State past pesky JacksonvilleDec 18, 2008 - 4:04 AM COLUMBUS, Ohio (Ticker) -- David Lighty matched his career high with 21 points and added nine rebounds and five assists as No. 16 Ohio State remained unbeaten with an 81-68 victory over Jacksonville on Wednesday.
Evan Turner scored 15 points and Jon Diebler added 14 for the Buckeyes (7-0), who shot 64 percent (27-of-42) from the floor.
The Buckeyes led by 11 at the break and by a 56-37 margin with 17:08 remaining in the contest.
Jacksonville fought back to cut the deficit to 69-64 with 5:03 left to play, but went without a field goal for the final 3:41 as Ohio State pulled away.
Lehmon Colbert scored 14 points to pace the Dolphins (2-6).
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
JACKSONVILLE 34 34 68
OHIO ST (16) 45 36 81 FINAL
Dec 17 11:01 PM
- NCAA BB
(16) OHIO ST 45 HALFTIME
Dec 17 9:51 PM
- 3 freshman leave Ohio State basketball team Mar 30
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Ohio State F Jae'Sean Tate headed for season-ending surgery Feb 23
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Ohio State, Nike agree on $252M sponsorship extension Jan 15
- Saint Bonaventure beats Ohio 81-68 Dec 5
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- Ohio State Preview Capsule Oct 27
- 'Lots of unknowns' for Ohio State team full of young players Oct 27
- Ohio State's Russell says he's going pro Apr 22
- McConnell guides Arizona past Russell, Ohio State Mar 21
- Ohio State and Arizona square off in West Regional action Mar 21