Texas looks to continue dominance of BaylorMar 2, 2009 - 6:03 AM Baylor (17-11) at No. 24 Texas (19-9), 9:00 p.m. EST
AUSTIN, Texas (Ticker) -- Texas will try to bounce back from a loss against a team it has owned for more than a decade.
The 24th-ranked Longhorns host Baylor in a Big 12 Conference matchup on Monday.
Texas (19-9, 8-6 Big 12) has won the last 23 meetings with Baylor, dating back to February 21, 1998. The Longhorns won the first meeting this season, 78-72, on January 27.
Sitting in a three-way tie for fourth place, Texas is coming off a 68-59 setback at Oklahoma State on Saturday.
Damion James had 18 points and 18 rebounds in the loss, while leading scorer A.J. Abrams scored just nine on 3-of-15 shooting. Abrams is averaging 17 points per contest.
Ranked in the Top 25 earlier this season, Baylor (17-11, 5-9) has disappointed over the latter stages of the campaign.
The Bears are coming off a rare win - their second in the last 10 games - on Saturday, defeating Colorado, 75-57.
Curtis Jerrells scored 29 points in the win and the senior guard leads the team in scoring at 16.4 per contest.
- Texas guard Isaiah Taylor skipping senior year for NBA Apr 21
- Jesperson's halfcourt shot puts Northern Iowa past Texas Mar 19
- First-year Texas coach Smart no longer the underdog Mar 17
- Texas hoping Shaka Smart can spark tournament success Mar 16
- King's heart: Baylor freshman playing with defibrillator Mar 15
- Texas' Ridley closer to return, status for Big 12 unclear Mar 7
- Texas Western returns to scene of '66 NCAA win over Kentucky Feb 13
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold Feb 12
- UTEP honors Texas Western's historic title 50 years later Feb 6
- Texas Western celebrating historic title 50 years later Feb 4
- Texas says no evidence of academic misconduct Jan 13
- Longhorns: Swingman Jordan Barnett asks to transfer Jan 12